Curious what brides actually experience during the wedding planning process and how they feel after their big day? We’re pulling back the curtain and giving you an all-access pass into the nitty gritty of wedding planning & the wedding day, without all of the fluff, straight from a bride.
REAL BRIDES. REAL EXPERIENCES. WEDDINGS UNVEILED.
BETHANY’S WEDDING DETAILS
1. Wedding Location: Whitwell, TN
2. Beginning Budget: $10,000
3. Actually Spent: about $11,000
4. Guest Count: 160
5. Looking back, what do you wish you would have known before you walked down the aisle? I wish I would’ve known just how fast the day would fly by and to truly cherish each second. I wish I had known to breath, relax,
and actually let my voice be heard over those who were calling the shots.
6. What are one or two things you wish you would’ve made room for in your budget? Anything you could’ve lived without? There’s not really anything I wish I would’ve made room for in the budget since I had everything I wanted/needed for how I wanted things to look/be. I honestly couldn’t have lived without anything and still be happy. I’m truly happy and satisfied with everything.
7. What was the one factor you splurged on? Was it worth it? I splurged on the flowers. It was definitely worth it. Real flowers make the wedding AND your colors POP.
8. How did you find most of your vendors? Through word of mouth and personally knowing the people.
9. When you started planning your wedding, what vendor pricing was the biggest shock? Flowers.
10. Now that you are on the other side and happily married, what advice do you have to offer current brides? Now that I’m on the other side I want to let future brides know to TRULY SOAK IN THE DAY, every. single. second. I know literally everyone says that. But it’s so true. It was the fastest day of my life. You go through all the stress and hard work and it’s over. Totally expect a let down after the day is over. It’s ok to feel all the feelings! Also, let your voice be heard above everyone else. Let that sink in. It’s YOUR DAY. All about you. It’s hard for me to grasp that concept because I tend to put my feelings last. But speak up if someone is not listening or doing something that was not in your vision for your wedding.
BETHANY’S WEDDING VENDORS
Wedding Venue: Mountain Willow Manor
Wedding Gown: Ever After Bridal (Boutique) – Stella York (Designer)
Groom’s Tux/Suit: Men’s Warehouse
Wedding Photographer: Mariah Rock Photography
Wedding Invitations/Paper Suite: Shutterfly
Wedding Florist: Melody Litchfield
Wedding Cake/Sweets: Piece-a-Cake Bakery
Makeup & Hair: The Beauty Bar Salon