Curious what brides actually experience during the wedding planning process and how they feel after their big day? We’re pulling back the curtain and giving you an all-access pass into the nitty gritty of wedding planning & the wedding day, without all of the fluff, straight from a bride.
REAL BRIDES. REAL EXPERIENCES. WEDDINGS UNVEILED.
KRISTEN’S WEDDING DETAILS
1. Wedding Location: Decatur, TX
2. Beginning Budget: $20,000
3. Actually Spent: about $35,000 – $30,000
4. Guest Count: 200
5. Looking back, what do you wish you would have known before you walked down the aisle? I regret getting married outside- It was too warm and sun was shining in eyes. Also the sound system was not picking up the whole time.
6. What are one or two things you wish you would’ve made room for in your budget? Anything you could’ve lived without? I wish I would have spent more on my dress and hired a more professional videographer because ours did not get everything that I wanted.
7. What was the one factor you splurged on? Was it worth it? The FOOD. Yes, it was completely worth it. I wanted my guests to eat a fabulous farm to table dinner and they did.
8. How did you find most of your vendors? Mostly friends already or friends of friends- word of mouth.
9. When you started planning your wedding, what vendor pricing was the biggest shock? Probably food.
10. Now that you are on the other side and happily married, what advice do you have to offer current brides? I would say that the bride and groom should each prioritize what is most important to them and make sure they at least both get their top most important item. This will make it easier to know what to scale back on. If I could go back I would not get married outside- too many things can go wrong and your guests will be much more comfortable inside. Last thing- hire a videographer. This is the only way you can relive the most important day of your life.
KRISTEN’S WEDDING VENDORS
Venue: Flying V Ranch
Planner/Coordinator: By Wasonga (Henry Abuto)
Gown: Reformation (Boutique) – Reformation (Designer)
Tux: Suit Supply
Photographer: Fawn & Fellow
Invitations/Paper Suite: Minted
Florist: Oh Deery Floral
Cake/Sweets: Central Market
Bar/Alcohol: By Wasonga
Makeup & Hair: Michelle Stowe
DJ/Live Music: Tommy Evans