Specialty Event Rentals can bring your design to life in the most gorgeous and dramatic way. These rentals include items like ceremony backdrops, unique tabletop settings, luxury lounges and decor which can bring major wow-factor to your wedding day. The perks of Specialty Event Rentals can be the game changer to your wedding design. We have collected advice, insight, and tips to assist you in your Specialty Event Rental explorations.
Types of Specialty Event Rentals. We have listed ways that these Rentals can be incorporated into your wedding day. As you see, it goes way beyond tables and chairs.
- Custom Tables (Farm Tables, Sweetheart Tables, Cake Tables)
- Custom Reception Chairs (Crossback Chairs, Ghost Chairs, Bistro Chairs)
- Lounge Furniture (Sofas/Settees, Accent Chairs, Side Tables, Coffee Tables & Ottomans)
- Ceremony Backdrops
- Tables Settings (Plates, Flatware, Goblets, Linens, Tablecloths, Table Runners & Napkins)
- Small Decor (Candle Holders, Candelabras, Terrariums, Lanterns, Vases, Cigar Boxes)
- Large Decor (Easels, Mirrors, Frames, Signage)
- Architectural Items (Mantels, Arches, Risers, Bars)
- Furniture (Buffets, Sideboards, Specialty Tables, Bookcases, Etageres)
Before the Consultation. With so many choices to choose from, it is important to have certain information gathered before your consultation to ensure an accurate quote. Be sure to peruse a few vendor collections before booking a consultation – no two are the same. Each offers different pricing, inclusions, and design aesthetic.
Gather the following information prior to your consult:
1. Estimated guest count.
2. Indoor or outdoor ceremony and/or reception.
3. Name and location of venue(s).
4. Date/Season of wedding.
5. Your theme or color scheme.
6. Other vendors you have secured.
7. General idea of your ideal overall speciality event rental budget.
8. Design inspiration photos.
Tips + Tricks. When it comes to Specialty Event Rentals, there are a few tricks of the trade that will help you plan and design out your wedding day.
TIP 1. Specialty Rentals are different from Traditional Event Rentals in the sense that the pieces are one-of-a-kind and truly unique. Additionally, Speciality Rentals won’t be found where you can rent basic items like folding tables and simple chairs. Each Specialty Rental item brings character and interest to the wedding design.
TIP 2. Get the most out of your rentals. Most Specialty Event Rental companies have a delivery minimum. It is worth filling up your rental order to further justify your delivery fee.
TIP 3. Delivery is absolutely worth any additional fees. Early setups and late breakdowns are not where you and your family want to spend your time on the day of the wedding.
TIP 4. Want a truly unique and personalized piece? Reach out to Specialty Event Rental vendors to inquire about making a custom piece. Many offer that customizable service.
TIP 5. Some rental pieces are available for client pick up while others are not. Be sure to ask your vendor for clarification on their policy. If client pick up is not available, look into what additional items are available to rent that match your style as to meet the delivery minimum.
TIP 6. Some people consider forgoing the rental process and purchasing their own pieces. While this might save you a little money, you still have the additional work of hauling the rentals, setting up and breaking down at the end of the night. And then the odds of selling the pieces afterwards are not guaranteed.
Contributing Photographer: Tracy Autem Photography